ESCOM, the European Society for Cognitive Sciences Of Music, celebrates its 25 years of activities with a special conference that is hosted from July 31 – August 4, 2017 at the University of Ghent in Belgium.
ESCOM supports and promotes empirical and theoretical research from a wide range of disciplines, including aesthetics, anthropology, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, composition, education, health and wellbeing, linguistics, music theory, music therapy, neuroscience, performance studies, philosophy, psychoacoustics, psychology and psychophysics.
Monday July 31, 2017
- Evening Registration
Tuesday August 1, 2017
- Keynote: Martin Clayton – Expression and predictive processing
- Concert (registration required)
Wednesday August 2, 2017
- Keynote: Tom Fritz – Expressions in music-based interactive (bio)feedback
- Social dinner (registration required)
Thursday August 3, 2017
- Keynote: Elvira Bratico – Expressive (e)motional empowerment through music
- Keynote: ESCOM: Irène Deliège, Jane Ginsborg, and John Sloboda
- Reception 25 years ESCOM
Friday August 4, 2017
- Morning workshops and roundtable